- Restore easily - even without storeBackup! The most important
aspect of a backup tool is easy restoring from a transparent
(native) storage format.
- Copies / compresses files to another disk and generates backups
with time stamps while saving space by recognizing files with identical
contents (even if renamed or copied) and hardlinking them (so each backup
is totally complete, independent and autonomous)
- Detects identical files in different, independent backups (eg. of different computers)
- Splits big image files (from e.g., TrueCrypt, mbox, Xen, KVM,
VMware, etc.) or complete devices into small pieces and saves only
differences to existing backups, thereby saving space and time
- Sophisticated possibilities for including and excluding files
- Support of sparse files.
- Supports isolated incremental backups (e.g., when travelling with
a laptop) and later integration in master backup.
- Supports time shifted replication of backups to additional other
disks / locations, even for complex schemes.
- Supports checking of backups via md5 sums to eg. recognize bit
rot of the hard disk.
- Enables checking of (old) files in the source directory with md5
sums in the backup to eg. recognize bit rot of the hard disk.
- Fast backups even over slow or high latency network connections.
- Contains an entire suite of backup-related tools.