- What is multi-aterm ?
Multi-aterm is a firstly a terminal emulator like rxvt, xterm, eterm, aterm, etc etc.
There are many terminals emulators, so why writing another one ?
- I wanted a terminal emulator small and fast with efficent pseudo transparency, like
- I also wanted a tabbed terminal emulator like
- I want the terminal emulator not requiring GNOME or KDE libs, just written in X-lib
(for people not using GNOME nor KDE)
- finally, I was curious to understand how works a terminal emulator !
Aterm was closed from what I was wanted, so I start multi-aterm from aterm
sources, version 0.4.2 (lastest known).
- Change Log
0.2.1 : ChangeLog
0.2 : ChangeLog
0.1 : ChangeLog
0.0.5 : ChangeLog
0.0.4 : ChangeLog
- icons are now working
- bug fix when removing a terminal
- the max number of terminal is set in ./configure
- first public release of multi-aterm.
Stable: not yet !
Here are some screenshot of multi-aterm. Click an image to enlarge it.
- Todo list
This is the work that remains to be done to end multi-aterm.
- improve when terminal background is refreshed and/or redrawn
- develop a tool to configure each terminal background and attributes (tab name, ...)
- make a man page
- write documentation on multi-aterm, how works a terminal-emultator
Here are some useful keyboard shortcuts :
- SHIFT + left to move to the left tab
- SHIFT + right to move to the right tab
- SHIFT + PGUP to scroll one page up
- SHIFT + PGDOWN to scroll one page down
- SHIFT + up to scroll up one line
- SHIFT + down to scroll down one line