LordsAWar! is a free, turn-based strategy game where up to 8 players strive for control of as many cities as possible. Produce new armies in cities to conquer nearby cities. Using the income from those cities, make more armies to take more cities. Send a hero to a temple to get a quest, or maybe search a nearby ruin instead. Play with others or against the computer.
The goal of this project is to make a game that is similar to Warlords II and is playable on GNU+Linux, Windows, and Macintosh. This project has a longer history than most people realize!
Next Developmental Steps
- Find playtester-programmers to help improve network play.
- Port the game to Apple Macintosh.
- Port the game to Microsoft Windows.
- Improve the artificial intelligence.
- Improve support for unicode characters.
- Translate the game into french, and other languages using translationproject.org.
- Find artists who can create better artwork.
- Artists can watch these short tutorials on how to make terrain tiles with the Gimp:
- Using windows media player? You'll need the theora codec
Found a bug? Post it on the bug tracker.
Contact me if you want to help out!
The source can be checked out with the command:
svn checkout svn://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/lordsawar/lordsawar
You may also download the developmental or stable tarball [24 MB].
Last updated on 11-06-2014 by Ben Asselstine