The people behind libunwind
Here is a (likely incomplete) list of people who have contributed
to libunwind to this point:
- The author of the libunwind API and initial developer of
libunwind is David
Mosberger. He is also the current overall project manager and
maintainer of the Itanium (ia64) version of libunwind. When sending
libunwind-related mail to David, please always carbon-copy the
libunwind mailing list. That makes a timely response more likely and
ensures the mail gets properly archived.
- Arun Sharma provided many fixes and is the current maintainer for
the x86-64 unwinder.
- Jose Flavio Aguilar
Paulino submitted patches for PowerPC 64 (PPC64) and is the
current maintainer of that unwinder.
- Brian Sumner contributed bug-reports and fixes for several nasty
bugs in the ia64 unwinder.
- Hans Boehm contributed fixes to make the frame-chain-based x86
unwinder work across signal-frames.
- Matthieu Delahaye did the initial Debian packaging of libunwind.
- Max Asbock contributed the initial x86-64 unwinder and fixed many
- Lassi Tuura contributed the fast backtrace implementation for
If you feel somebody isn't getting proper credit on this page,
please let us know and we'll
fix it! Also, if you'd like your email address to be associated with
your name above, do let s know also.