This document describes the recommended coding style for Dawn. Nobody is forced to use this style, but to have consistent formating of the source code files it is recommended to make use of it.
Encoding and line breaks
For all files the same encoding and line breaks must be used. This is to avoid nasty and unnecessary conflicts on merge or update.
Use the following settings for development:
More to come...
- End of line: Multics, Unix and Unix-like systems (LF)
- Encoding: UTF-8 (but avoid using non-ASCII characters)
- Indent with 2 spaces
- No tabs
- Never put braces on the same line
- Try not to exceed the 80 character line limit
- No single line if-statement; always use braces
- Asterisks are grouped with types, not the variables (int* p;)