Welcome to the home of nmh, on savannah.nongnu.org.
The latest stable release of nmh is nmh 1.7.1. You can download it from savannah.
We are pleased to announce the release of nmh 1.7.1 on March 7th, 2018.
Nmh 1.7.1 is a patch release for 1.7 and includes fixes to a number of significant bugs discovered since releasing 1.7. Specifically, this release includes the following bug fixes:
- A significant memory leak in scan(1).
- rcvdist(1) not passing arguments to post(8) correctly
- Number formatting functions in the format engine were not truncating numbers correctly
- Various fixes to the test suite
Please report problems in the bug tracker on savannah, or on the nmh-workers mailing list. Thanks!
Please check out the nmh project on savannah.
nmh (new MH) is a powerful electronic mail handling system. It was originally based on version 6.8.3 of the MH message system developed by the RAND Corporation and the University of California. It is intended to be a (mostly) compatible drop-in replacement for MH.
nmh consists of a collection of fairly simple single-purpose programs to send, receive, save, retrieve, and manipulate e-mail messages. Since nmh is a suite rather than a single monolithic program, you may freely intersperse nmh commands with other commands at your shell prompt, or write custom scripts which use these commands in flexible ways.
NOTE: All versions of nmh prior to 1.0.3 (as well as MH) contained a vulnerability where incoming mail messages with carefully designed MIME headers could cause the mhshow command to execute arbitrary shell code. Though the authors of nmh are not aware of any exploits of this hole, MH users and users of older versions of nmh are strongly encouraged to upgrade to the current version.
- The git repository is available for anonymous checkout using the following command:git clone git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/nmh.git
- You can also browse the source code with a web browser.
There are three mailing lists for NMH, hosted by Savannah.
- nmh-announce is a low-volume list for announcements about nmh.
- nmh-workers is the main list for users and developers of nmh.
- nmh-commits is a list which will receive notifications of changes to the nmh source code tree.
- The mutt email client does a good job with MH folders.
- UW IMAPd has basic support for reading MH folders.
- mairix is a full-text mail indexer that understand MH folders.
- A lot of other compatible tools are listed in section 01.05 ("other MH software") of the MH FAQ
$Id: index.html,v 1.42 2018/03/14 19:11:15 kenh Exp $