Libntlm implement the Microsoft NTLM authentication protocol.
Libntlm is licensed under the
GNU Lesser General Public License version 2.1 or (at your
option) any later version.
References for the NTLM protocol are:
(note lower case) was a library that implement Microsoft's NTLM
authentication. However, the packaging of libntlm lacked
certain things, such as having build problems, lacking shared
library support, lacking autoconf macro for use in other
applications, lacking pkg-config support, and more. So this
page distributes an improved version of the library; called
Libntlm (note upper case L to differentiate it from the original
libntlm). Compared to the original releases, the current
version has been entirely re-written and only shares the same
Projects using Libntlm
- 2018-08-24: Git repository moved to GitLab.
- 2013-07-08: Version 1.4 released. Build fixes.
- 2011-06-20: Version 1.3 released. Proving the project is still alive.
- 2009-11-06: Version 1.2 released. Fixes MinGW cross-compile bug.
- 2009-05-08: Version 1.1 released. No significant changes.
- 2008-04-12: Version 1.0 released. Declared stable.
- 2008-03-05: Version 0.4.2 released. Portability fixes for
- 2008-03-05: Development (source code and web pages) moved to savannah.
- 2007-10-29: Version 0.4.1 released. Maintainance release.
- 2007-09-23: Version 0.4.0 released. Gnulib files updated,
only public API is exported in shared library. Approaching a
- 2007-09-23: Developed in Git instead of CVS.
- 2007-03-27: Version 0.3.13 released. Minor portability
fixes, by updating from gnulib.
- 2006-06-24: Version 0.3.12 released. Minor portability
fixes, by updating from gnulib.
- 2006-05-16: Version 0.3.11 released. Now works on 64-bit
- 2006-03-24: Version 0.3.10 released. Exports the
ntlm_smb_encrypt and ntlm_smb_nt_encrypt APIs.
- 2005-10-23: Version 0.3.9 released. The DES and MD4
functions are now shared with gnulib, to simplify maintenance.
- 2005-09-27: Version 0.3.8 released. APIs to build
requests/responses for usernames with @ in them (earlier an @
was used to separate the username from the realm). Build
- 2005-07-15: Version 0.3.7 released. A spec file was added.
Compiler warnings fixed, thanks to Frediano
Gnulib is used, currently only for a more robust
- 2004-09-30: Version 0.3.6 released. Various cleanups,
thanks to Frediano Ziglio.
- 2004-09-23: Version 0.3.5 released. Ported
- 2004-09-23: Version 0.3.4 released. License changed to
LGPL, thanks to rewrites by Frediano Ziglio.
- 2004-09-18: Version 0.3.3 released. Use of 'const' in
function prototypes. Source code indented according to GNU
- 2003-03-17: Version 0.3.2 released. Only build changes.
- 2002-10-17: Version 0.3.1 released. No code changes, but
uses automake 1.7, gnits and pkg-config.
- 2002-10-04: Anonymous CVS is available via pserver.
- 2002-10-01: Version 0.3.0 released. No code changes
compared to the last official 0.21 release.
The releases are distributed from release
Recent releases are signed with an
OpenPGP key with fingerprint 54265E8C. Older releases are
signed with an
OpenPGP key with fingerprint B565716F.
The Libntlm project
page at GitLab provides an issue tracker and more.
A mailing list where Libntlm users may help each other exists,
and you can reach it by sending e-mail
Archives of the mailing list discussions, and an interface to
manage subscriptions, is available through the World Wide Web at
Libntlm project page and
a GitLab Libntlm
You may check out the sources as follows:
$ git clone https://gitlab.com/jas/libntlm.git