June 06, 2002 :
- Reference guides has been updated. Also a new API reference
guide is taking form.
April 29, 2002 :
March 29, 2002 :
- I made many changes since the last release. I dropped GTK+/libXML/... support to be
replace by a thin API layer (io, sys, wnd, ...). High level stuff (e.g. widgets)
will be coded with X Language (note: x11 and win32 will both be supported). I am not
yet ready to make a public release but a working copy of my latest works are available
March 12, 2002 :
- xlang-0.3.8 has been released
- Adding the hash_table patch from Xiong PuXiang (should increase speed for big applications).
- ./configure script should work ok now on Linux (tested on Redhat 7.2).
Febuary 27, 2002 :
- xlang-0.3.6 has been released
- More GTK+ binding, adding libglade support (starting the conversion of Grizzly Studio).
Febuary 9, 2002 :
- xlang-0.3.5 has been released
- Currently, I am working on finalizing GTK+ binding, improving GrizzlyStudio
and writing user & developer documentation.
January 25, 2002 :
December 19, 2001 :
December 8, 2001 :
December 5, 2001 :
- Adding X Language to CVS.
- Adding a Mailing-list.
- Adding a Task list.
December 4, 2001 :
November 28, 2001 :
November 26, 2001 :
- Updating documentation : Guides.
November 21, 2001 :
November 19, 2001 :
- I released xlang-0.3.0.
I no longer use dynamic binding for standard APIs (xml, regex, io, sys, gtk+, ...).
This way, it is easier to support on Linux. The DLL binding option is
still available for non-standard APIs.
October 25, 2001 :
- I released xlang-0.1.20.
regex binding and more syntax color for Grizzly Studio.
October 21, 2001 :
- I released xlang-0.1.19.
libXML2 binding and Grizzly Studio pixmap toolbar icons.
October 15, 2001 :
- I am currently working on a libXML2 binding. I also plan to add regex, zlib and gettext.
October 02, 2001 :
- I released xlang-0.1.18.
MySQL binding and a GUI Database sample.
September 26, 2001 :
- I released xlang-0.1.17.
Grizzly Studio and the Calculator works as 0.1.16 except with the
new dynamic library binding module.
- I added a new draft documentation (still incomplete) here.
September 20, 2001 :
- I released xlang-0.1.17-pre2 as
a test release. This one should work better, even on Linux.
September 17, 2001 :
- I am not using CVS anymore. Use the source tarball.
- I released xlang-0.1.17-pre1 as
a test release. It includes several new stuff totally not debugged.
Please reports any problems.
September 10, 2001 :
- I am currently debugging a new feature wich will ease dynamic
library binding. By simply writing a function prototype, X Language
can now bind any symbol from any dynamic library file. I also
implemented some special code to enable an interpreted X Language
function to be used as a native callback function (e.g. GTK+ signal).
Right now, this last feature only work for i386+. I will try to make
a new release this week.
September 02, 2001 :
- A few months ago, when I remade this web site, I forgot to add a
section dedicated to contributors. I apologize to those people.
August 29, 2001 :
- X Language 0.1.16 release.
August 24, 2001 :
- Snapshot release (see ChangeLog).
- On Windows, GTK+ has now a Windows Look & Feel.
- I have updated the Developer guide in the Reference guide section.
August 21, 2001 :
- New Developer guide in the Reference guide section.
Only primilary work, more coming soon.
August 19, 2001 :
- New GTK+ win32 for Cygwin section. Install the native GTK+ win32 port
on Cygwin using only two shell commands.
August 17, 2001 :
- I made a script to ease the creation of tarballs & win32 setup. You should see
updates more often on this page.
August 15, 2001 :
- Major update in CVS, it includes many OO stuff. See the now OO grizzly.xc as example.
- New is_mapping field in XLClass to ease binding GTK+ classes.
August 10, 2001 :
- Adding two new sections (Project goals & System architecture).
August 6, 2001 :
- X Language 0.1.15 released (see download). The calculator sample now works
with the new GTK+ binding (UNIX & win32). The IDE GTK+ transition will follow shortly.
- new option (./configure --with-gui=[yes/no]). Yes by default.
August 2, 2001 :
- I tried to make a cross-platform window layer for win32 & GTK+ because of the poor
support for the GTK+ win32 port. But now I must face it. GTK+ is too much flexible
and full featured to waste my time trying to support the poor Win32 API.
Even if the GTK+ win32 does not improve as quick as I want, it improves continually.
In the long run, I think GTK+ is the only choice. Any comments.
- Working on binding GTK+ to X Language
July 30, 2001 :
- Updating the web site.
- Adding a configuration option in CVS (./configure --with-gui=[no/auto/win32/gtk]).
July 24, 2001 :
July 16, 2001 :
- X Language 0.1.14 released.
July 11, 2001 :
- Using Cygwin/XFree86. It will be easier to develop on Win32 & GTK+/X11 at the same time.
June 26, 2001 :
- X Language 0.1.13 released
June 25, 2001 :
- Memory leaks fixes
- Looking at NSIS for Win32 setup
June 19, 2001 :
- X Language 0.1.12 released
June 07, 2001 :
- Working on a IDE (Integrated Development Environment)
- Updating the ROADMAP
June 03, 2001 :
- X Language 0.1.11 released (see download)
June 02, 2001 :
- Updating the web site
- Updating the ROADMAP
- Adding a TODO section
- Release a (.msi) setup for Win32 users
June 01, 2001 :
- A basic web server sample is available on CVS
- Emacs configuration in tutorial section
May 30, 2001 :
- Working on a web server sample
May 29, 2001 :