This page is an initial homepage for the new ThotBook project.
The project is hosted at FreeSoftware.FSF.org,
courtesy of the Free-Software Foundation.
ThotBook is in the early phases of a project. Interested
parties are gathering, and strategy, design & implementation
decisions are being discussed on the
- release 0.1
- Get ThotEditor working or make a basic editor with the
new ThotLib (benj)
This is needed for any serious work on DocBook
customization of ThotLib, although draft work can already
be done using old precompiled binaries of ThotEditor 2.1e
(see links below)
- Add automake/libtool support to Amaya
- Write a minimal S structure schema, and P presentation
stylesheet, and stick with it for some time (yann)
- Write a T transformer for SGML and XML export
- release 0.2
- Extend S, P, and T descriptions for "simplified docbook"
- release 0.3
- SGML/XML importer
Here are some ideas that we will probably implement in the
- A helper mechanism to keep in sync translations of document
in several languages (by autogeneration and matching of ID's).
- A system to help learning foreign languages, by comparative
studying of real texts' translations, based on the same
- More ideas are welcome.
- Other ThotBook resources
Last modified: Tue Nov 6 17:57:28 CET 2001