Ok, this is currently just a vague list of stuff, but in the end it should provide detailed informations about what the Stratagus engine can do and what it can't do. It should also act as a guideline to people who want to contribute stuff to see if their work is directly useable in Stratagus or if it will require modifications.
- resolution will be 800x600 or 1024x768
- 16bpp or more required
- units can have up to 227 free colors, no alpha-blending and a single transparent color, 4 colors are reserved for the player colors
- units must be no larger than a single tile (32x32), the sprite itself can be larger if required (for overhanging things as weapons or aerials), but the unit itself should fit into the 32x32 limitation
- tiles will have a size of 32x32
- music can be in Ogg/Vorbis (.ogg), .mod, .it, .s3m, .wav, or .xm.