Platero integrates nicely with KDE. It feature list includes elinks for Konqueror, a tray icon, a unified look and feel and much more. Simply check it out.
Currently its developed under GNU/Linux but should work on other UN*X flavors, any usage reports are welcome.
A new CVS snapshot package is available for download. There are a tarball package, a Debian package and a RPM package 'alienized' from the Debian one. Enjoy!!27-10-2003 New screenshots
Take a look at the new screenshots!08-10-2003 CVS SnapShot package available
A CVS snapshot package is available for download. The major changes are:
* Color selector for downloadrate bar of systray.
* New stats tab for uploads and downloads rates.
* Added elapsed time column to downloading list view.
* Tray icon show if we are connected to the core.
* Moved link from Applications to Internet menu.
* Added Debian menu file.
* Updated gui protocol to version 16.
* Added sourcesList to the info window.
* Added web search with a lot of sites.
* Added network and type selections in search tab.
* Show correct avaiability chunk bar for non donkey networks.
* And of course, a lot of bugfixes.
23-08-2003 Platero 1.0Beta2 (Codename FERIA) released!
Too much changes to be listed here, just check it out!
06-04-2003 Send elinks from Opera to Platero!
- Create a script with this:27-03-2003 Platero 0.1 beta1 released
dcop platero DownloadIface sendElink "ed2k://$1"- Save it with the name sendelink
- put the correct permissions: chmod a+x sendelink
- add in ~/.opera/opera6.ini the following text:
ed2k=<path to the script>/sendelinkor for opera 7:
ed2k=<path to the script>/sendelink %u- Under [User Prefs] add:
This is the first release, still beta. Please report bugs!
project page and compile it your self (Note that you must have the Qt 3.0+ and KDE 3.0+ headers, libraries and devopment tools installed):
tar zxvf platero-<version>.tar.gzor you can try the debian package created with checkinstall also in the download area of the project page.
The downloads tab with the file sources and downloaded files visible.