[orm-devel] shh closed

Julio Rommi Oņa Miranda orm-devel@mailman.tux4web.de
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 23:48:40 -0400

Hi Diedritch

Yesterday I've missend the mail.... ;-)

No problem about the server I will try to connect any time from now. Thanks.

> What other drivers are there? Is there anything you didn't tell us :-))

I've mention you that a friend was working in a MS SQL driver, well he has
not finnished it rigth but maybe soon.

The change is easy any way: changing the if construct in something like:

try:
	modulename = "orm.adapters.%s.datasource" % driver
	datasource = __import__(modulename,locals(),globals(),['datasource'])
except  [...]:
	raise "Driver Not found".

on this way any driver put into the adapters directory will be load.

> If you have any ideas on how to achive it easily I'd be eager to here
> them.

Hmmm, you are rigth, this should be another layer, just leave orm as is,
later another groups of classes should be added that perform this task,
abstracting like something of Metabase in PHP.

Regards.

--
Julio