[orm-devel] No such attribute or function 'oid'

Diedrich Vorberg orm-devel@mailman.tux4web.de
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:50:29 +0100

Hi Eric,

>I guess that I can't work with PostgreSQL views as orm objects because
>views don't have oid's(?).  It seems orm is reliant on oid (at least for
>PostgreSQL).  It might be nice to be able to specify the primary key in
>when creating the dbclass subclass and having it us the pk instead of
>the oid.  Just a thought.
Yes, the pgsql adapter uses oids. It will add 'oid,' to any SELECT
statement it creates.

Check out this thread on orm-devel:

   http://mailman.tux4web.de/pipermail/orm-devel/2002-November/000013.html

which contains a patch to adapters.pgsql.datasource that you might
find helpfull. Also it might be possible to write the query on the
view by hand and use the datasource.runSelect method to execute it. I
think that's they way Mike went. The selectResult class does not rely
on the oid to be present.

Take a look at the patch: do you think it should be included with
orm? After Mike found a solution he thought satisfactory the patch
didn't make it to the distribution...

(Uh.. I don't think it will work nicely, you might need to insert it
by hand... sorry about that...)

Diedrich

--
           _..._                            Diedrich Vorberg
         .'     '.
        | (o)_(o) |                         info@tux4web.de
         //'._.'\ \           /     \       Internet Dienstleistungen
        //   .   \ \          \.@-@./       und 'Consulting'.
       |\   :     / |        //  _  \\      Linux Rules!