[orm-devel] Automatic table modufication (was: orm)

Admin orm-devel@mailman.tux4web.de
07 Dec 2002 16:44:00 +0000

Hi Eric,

	I appreciate what your saying and I agree that ORM shouldn't do full on
schema management.

What I'm proposing is a way to minimize maintenance for us programmers.

The way it stands at present we need to keep the ORM object and the SQL
table defs in line manually. Mikes code could be enhanced, if we found a
notation for relationships (see earlier post "Re: [orm-devel] Re: ORM"),
to return the class def to ORM based on the table schema.

Uwe.