Featureset for Muddleftpd
- Very Secure
- Fast and light-weight.
- Runs with or without root access. With root access, it can act
like a normal ftp server.
- Has full access list support.
- Includes its own list function and never executes external
- Muddleftpd uses dynamicly allocated strings and data structures
to improve overall robustness.
- Highly Configurable
- Does not have a pre-conceived view of how a normal ftp server
is set up, so it can be configured to do almost anything.
- Authentication modules make supporting multiple authentication
methods easy and writing methods eaiser. These modules can even be
loaded dynamicly into the server as it runs.
- Supports full shadow password access with account expiry and
- PAM (password authentication module) support.
- Non-system password file support. Can be used to set up ftp
servers within user accounts.
- Commands can be disabled on a per group basis.
- Supports specifying long replies directly in the config file,
saving lots of file reads.
- Standard FTP Functions
- Full FTP command set.
- Supports binary and ascii downloads and uploads.
- Ascii upload and download implementation is extremely
- Full inetd and standalone support. (1.3.0 and above)
- Highly portable. Code works across many platforms. Works under
linux (all library types), solaris, irix, sun-os and *BSD.
- Ratio support (both persistant and non-persistant) (1.3.0 and
- Full virtual server support. (1.3.0 and above)
- Sendfile optimized under linux and Freebsd. (1.3.0 and
- Can place limits on the speed a user downloads/uploads at.
Released under the GPL license.
Last Modified: Fri Dec 13 14:08:41 GMT 2002