··· What is it? ···
mozilla-bonobo is a netscape-compatible browser plugin which allows your browser to use bonobo controls to display supported mime types.
Please see the Savannah project page for mailing list information.
··· Current status ···
- 09.07.2005: mozilla-bonobo 0.4.2.1
- Fixed a build issue with the 0.4.2 tarball by re-autotoolizing.
- 05.07.2005: mozilla-bonobo 0.4.2
- Resolved a licensing issue with npunix.c by replacing the original MPL-licensed version with a more recent, triple-licensed (MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL
2.1) version from Mozilla 1.7.8.
- Updated the address of the FSF in the COPYING file and in the license notices included in the source files.
Nothing else has changed. (Christian Glodt)
- 13.04.2004: mozilla-bonobo 0.4.1, the "Codename: Limbo Baboon" release:
- Use the PersistFile interface to load a file into a component if PersistStream fails. This makes the gpdf component work again (Jean
- Fixed a non-critical 64-bit pointer issue (Christian Glodt).
- 02.10.2003: mozilla-bonobo 0.4.0, the "Fuego del Pantalón" release:
- Improved bonobo component loading code (Christian Glodt)
- Parameters from the embedding web page are now passed to the bonobo component (Jean Bréfort)
- Bonobo components can now redirect the browser to another URL (Jean Bréfort)
- Miscellaneous fixes (Christian Glodt, Jean Bréfort)
- 19.05.2003: mozilla-bonobo 0.3.0, the "Happy Vertical People Transporter" release:
- Supports more bonobo components
- Displays an activity bar while documents are downloaded
- Mime types are now configurable in GConf
- Improved resizing behaviour
- Also works on Gtk+ 1.2 based Mozilla browsers (as in RedHat 9)
- 09.05.2003: mozilla-bonobo 0.2.0, the "Infinite Improbability" release:
- Much better mime type handling
- Components do no longer leave stale processes behind
- Displays a "Please wait" message while documents are downloaded
- 06.05.2003: mozilla-bonobo 0.1.0, the "Recreational Impossibility" release:
- First release
- Resizing is broken in most browsers
- Bonobo control detection is less than optimal
- More or less usable in Mozilla-based browsers, Netscape 4.8 and Konqueror. Does not work in Opera.
··· CVS Access ···
mozilla-bonobo is hosted on the Gnome CVS server. The module name is "mozilla-bonobo".
··· Screen shots ···
··· Testing it ···
A small collection of documents is available for the purpose of testing bonobo components and mozilla-bonobo.
··· Download ···
mozilla-bonobo is available under the GNU GPL License.
Sources are available here.
Dag Wieers haskindly made available RPM packages of mozilla-bonobo for RedHat 8.0 and 9.0.
These are also available from his apt-rpm repository.
Andrew Lau has created Debian packages which are included in the Debian unstable
package repository. They can be installed using apt-get install mozilla-bonobo, or alternatively downloaded and installed using dpkg.
··· Contact ···
I can be contacted at chris at mind dot lu. Contributions are welcome.
Before you write me, please consider posting to the mozilla-bonobo mailing list, so that
others may benefit from the discussion.