cgiClient is a frontend that dispatch the
USER (see Who) queries around all the remote collection’s SERVER
Process conceptual model:
- Events in
from Apache (see Apache)
- Relays USER’s queries comming from Apache to the SERVERs:
- On GET query, connects all SERVERs until it gets a positive answer.
- On POST query, only connects the local SERVER.
- Interprets the SERVERs answers and return a related HTML page or redirection that Apache will relay to the USER’s internet browser.
- Events out
to cgiServer (see cgiServer)
- Notice: the standard output of this scripts result on 2 events sent by Apache (see Apache):
(if archive is not available) ...
(if archive is available)
to USER: send back either a form asking for an eMAIL address, or a redirection link to the archive into one server’s cache.
- Data in