Hosted by Savannah.NonGNU.org
- 2003/02/06 KOTH 0.8.0 released - Download here
Check the new screenshots
- 2003/01/15 Mailing List created, click here to subscribe
- 2002/12/30 KOTH 0.7.7 released ! Download it here
or if you have Debian, try: apt-get install koth
King of the Hill (KOTH) is a multiplayer, networked artillery game of little tanks with really big weapons set out to destroy one another. Best-known games of this type include the classic DOS game "Scorched Earth: The Mother of All Games" and "Scorched Tanks" for the Amiga, but the concept has been implemented on everything from the TI-85 graphing calculator on up. KOTH seeks to build on the best ideas from these games while also taking a fresh, approach including an open, network-centric architecture and concurrent progressive event modeling.
- Supports up to ten players at once, with unlimited observers (ten only because beyond that the game would get unwieldy, not an architectural limitation)
- Players can join and leave at any time without disrupting the game
- Pregame and In-game color-coded chat
- Buy and sell various types of neat weapons to use against your enemies
- Fractal-tessalation terrain generating algorithm produces endless variations of interesting terrain (before you start blowing massing craters into it that is
- Falling dirt and falling damage to tanks
- Lightweight, asynchronous networking protocol - perfectly playable on a modem over the Internet even with high pingtime
- LibGGI for portable graphics. Currently supports 8/15/16/24/32 bits per pixel in any resolution
- Free software so anyone can and is encouraged to add in their own favorite weapons, equipment, and other features.
If you need the LibGGI graphics library, get it at ftp://ftp.ggi-project.org/pub/ggi/ggi/current/. You need both libggi and libgii.
- Atention: Currently download area is down. The latest source is here
- Download area
- KOTH is also available as Debian package, add the following line to your /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/koth DISTRIBUTION main
Replace "DISTRIBUTION" with your Debian version (stable, testing or unstable); and run apt-get update ; apt-get install koth
Obs: Yes, there are official packages in the debian distribution, the unstable one is up-to-date, but don't try the stable and testing packages, they are obsolet.
- CVS Snapshot (updated every night...)
Current Maintainer: Allan Douglas <allan_douglas AT gmx.net>
Original Autor: Peter Amstutz <tetron AT interreality.org>