KeePassC is a curses-based password manager compatible to KeePass v.1.x and KeePassX
KeePassC is a password manager fully compatible to KeePass v.1.x and KeePassX. That is, your password database is fully encrypted with AES.
KeePassC is written in Python 3 and comes with a curses-interface. It is completely controlled with the keyboard.
Actually KeePassC provides everything to read and edit the password databases but it lacks a password generator which will follow in a later release.
An introduction can be found here.
- Python 3
- kppy v.1.3
- xsel (optional but necessary if you want to copy usernames and password to clipboard)
- A POSIX-compatible operating system (e.g. Linux, *BSD)
If all dependencies are fulfilled type 'python setup.py install' in the root directory of KeePassC
Start the program with 'keepassc'. To get help type 'F1' while KeePassC is executed and you will see usage information to the current window.
Third number means small bug fixes
Version 1.4 (November 10, 2012)
- Show groups and entries alphabetically sorted
- Man page
- Option to show entries on commandline
- Search utility (type 'f')
- Showing a * if the file has changed
- Use of a generalized and commandable menu
- Clear the clipboard only if the content of clipboard
was copied from the db and not from other programs
- Fixed several bugs
- Added support for keyfiles
- Can now parse a database through the command line
- When entering a filepath auto-completion loops through all possibilities
- It's now possible to use KeePassC without X by the possibility of showing the passwords
- Fixed several bugs
- Fixed a bug relating to auto-completion when entering a direct filepath
- Remembering the last opened database
- Can now close the program with Ctrl-C
- When creating a new database password entering needs a confirmation
- Added vim-like navigation
- Due to this help button is F1 now
- Typing a direct filepath including path-completition is supported
- Hidden files are supported
- Copy username to clipboard
- Open url in standard browser
- Fixed bugs (backspace and tmux, os.getlogin(), locking)
Copyright (C) 2012 Karsten-Kai König <email@example.com>
KeePassC is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms
of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation,
either version 3 of the License, or at your option) any later version.
KeePassC is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY
WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR
A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with
KeePassC. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/