The Gwyple TODO page
This text was originally adapted from the TODO file
contained in the source distribution.
Nowadays it's the other way around:
The TODO file is generated from the HTML version (with lynx -dump).
- remove the file prefixes from the listbox lines
- remove OS specific code (make gwyple run on Windows)
The current GUI (implemented in Perl/TK) has several limitations
and is in need of a rework. This could be anything from modification
of the existing code, to a redesign or even an exchange of the toolkit.
At the moment I'm really not into this, and my knowledge of Perl/TK
is limited. So I stick with the old GUI, because it is there, it works,
and it has the functionality I need. And somehow I like it.
But if anybody is interested, I'll gladly hand over the GUI part.
I started working on this by creating module tests for ClearDDTS and
Debian bug reports. These scan the files found in the testsuite and
dump the contents of available attributes. Some benchmark results are
calculated in the process, for what it's worth.
- improve the testing environment
- provide test cases for the DDTP backend
Results of the test run are provided together with the test suite.
evaluate more bugtracking systems:
- debian (unofficial support for the debian BTS already available)
- others (maybe the
Fehlerdatenbank ??? but perhaps not...)
- version control for incoming bugreports (cvs or something similar)
- even more documentation
- set up a mailing list (later - when it's needed)
- attract other developers, find someone interested in the GUI parts
Last modified: Thu May 1 09:39:55 MEST 2003