What is Gribouy
Gribouy comes from the french word "Gribouille". It is a font
editor released under the GNU General Public License
(GPL) and a program that requires GNOME to work.
The current version of Gribouy contains many bugs and lacks many
features. If you need a new one or you've found a new bug, you can
Gribouy-0.0.1 (May 14, 2003)
Here is the first release of Gribouy. It can read, write and
modify (all ?) *.pfb files. It can as well create a new one (but
here are the bugs !!!).
Gribouy-0.0.2 (May 24, 2003)
Many bugs have been corrected and we can now select a group of
cursors and then move or delete this selection.
Gribouy-0.0.3 (June 12, 2003)
The main window has been completely changed ; we can now change
many letters at the same time. Standard and not standard encodings
are managed correctly.
Gribouy-0.0.4 (July 1, 2003)
- The image we can put in the background can be locked.
- We can modify alpha channel of this background image.
- Closing a curve with Gribouy is more intuitive than
- The square before the letter name is correctly filled when the
letter is drawn.
- We can now delete all a selection of cursors
- Except in edition mode, the letters are now filled !
- If we destroy a cursor, we don't lose the edition mode.
Gribouy-0.0.5 (July 30, 2003)
- We can now delete a letter.
- We can open a file from the command line.
- The problem with the curves' closing has been corrected.
- We have rulers around each letter-windows.
- We can draw on a grid. It is not visible but it is
Gribouy-0.0.6 (August 01, 2003)
- Many bugs have been corrected. DON'T USE Gribouy-0.0.5
- The mouse management has been improved.
Gribouy-0.0.7 (September 27, 2003)
- Cursors' size and curves' width don't change with zoom
- We can transfer a bitmap image to make a curve of it.
- Gribouy's code is much lighter.
- There is no more problem when we add cursors on a curve.
- Each character's width can be changed.
Gribouy-0.0.8 (November 19, 2003)
- All the objects in Gribouy are GribouyObjects.
- There are many ameliorations due to the previous point :
- We can move curves by clicking on them.
- We can move cursors
- We can move all the letter
- We can select cursors/curves and move selections.
- The grid is visible if we want.