Here follows the objectives of GNU Modula-2:
- The intention of GNU Modula-2 is to provide a production modula-2
front end to GCC.
- It should support all Niklaus Wirth PIM Dialects  and also ISO Modula-2
including a reimplementation of all the ISO modules.
- To provide PIM library compatibility which includes the all the Ulm
libraries and many of the Logitech libraries.
- There should be an easy interface to C.
- To fold the gm2 source code into the gcc tree at a convenient time in
- Exploit the features of GCC.
- Listen to the requests of the users.