The generic forensic zip project
These pages currently document a version of gfzip that is not yet implemented. This version will be
mostly a rewrite of the earlier proof of concept, and documentation is not in sync with the
tools library or file format as used in this proof of concept. At this point in time the file format
and API all are fully open to any input. If you have any comments please contact the author.
Table of contents
- The gfzip file format.
- The gfz library.
- The gfz creation library.
- The gfzappend tool. Appending gfzip and signature data to an existing dd image.
- The gfzip tool. Creating a compressed gfzip disk image.
- The gfunzip tool. Extracting a dd or uncompressed gfzip file from a gfzip file.
- The gfverify tool. Checking the integrity of a gfzip file.
- The gfmetals tool. Listing the embedded metadata and signature info of a gfzip file.
- The gfpack tool. Pack a compressed gfzip file or gfzip archive.
- The gfar tool. Add gfzip files to an archive.
- The gfattach tool. Attach a gfzip file to a gfzip block device.
- The GNU/Linux gfzip kernel module.
Verbatim copying and distribution of this entire article are
permitted worldwide, without royalty, in any medium, provided
this notice, and the copyright notice, are preserved.