Current version: 0.8, released: 2015-01-09
DataBasin is a tool to access and work with SalesForce.com. It
allows to perform queries remotely, export and import data.
To connect to Salesforce.com, DataBasin uses the WebServices exposed by the
SFDC API and exposes them as methods of the DBSoap class.
To send and receive the SOAP messages,
DB uses the websevices (GSWS)
available from GNUstep libraries and which is a mandatory requisite.
Access to the SFDC API is provided by the framework DataBasinKit which constitutes the core of DataBasin and is available for building other Salesforce.com connected applications.
DataBasinKit allows you to access Salesforce.com from any Objective-C app using GNUstep or on MacOS.
- DataBasin is now divided in its DataBasinKit framework which is LGPL'd and the application itself
- Support of empty fileds in empty semi-joined objects through query parsing
- Support for writing fields in exact order as in user query, trough query parsing
- Select Identify supports LIMIT
- Customizable CSV file quoting and separator
- Support for COUNT and aggregate queries
- Object Inspector supports selection of values in cells
- Save results into results.csv file
- Progress monitor shows time remaining
- The login panel shows a visual icon if login happened successfully or not
- Progress monitor for Query, Delete, Insert
- Select identify now supports ORDER BY
- Internal core ehanced for Delete
- Support "." as Semi-Join
- Select Identify works now with multiple columns (all in AND as condition)
- Suppport LIMIT clause in Select Identify
- Improved Exception catching and display for Select Identify
- Object Inspector supports selection of items
- Log window with selectable log level
- Progress and estimated completion time displayed in Log
- Remember logins
- internal API improvemnt
- vast 64bit and portability improvements
- Support count and aggretate queries
- quoted CVS support in reading
- support for reading DOS/UNIX/MAC file formats
- improved exception trapping and display
- fixed bugs in create and updates
- Select identify: execute select on records identified by Id or Unique identifier
- http / https connection choice
- Object Inspector: given an Id, the object type is identified, described and all fields are queried and displayed in a convenient table
- Vastly better string encoding support
- Updated describe to 20.0 API
- The DBSoap core has been extensively rewritten. It supports
now operation through the usage of the DBSobject. The core
supports describing of object and the query operations now support
methods to input/output object arrays instead of just file
writers/readers. The core supports now selection of character
- The Application now sports some new features too, based on the
- "Describe Object" allows to save a CSV file with the
object description. Very useful for comparing configurations.
- Select can now do a query all (query in the recycle bin)
- Preferences to select the desired character encoding with file
0.3 on Mac: The Object Inspector.
0.1 on Debian GNU/Linux:
Pre-0.1 release screenshots:
The workspace as running on Macintosh. Visible are the log-in
window, the session inspector which gets populated after a successful
log-on and the panel to run select queries. In the other screenshot
more session information is now shown as well as the update pane.