20 Jul 2015
Changes from 1.9.14:
- G-Wrap now requires Guile 2.0, allows Guile 2.2;
- Requires autoconf >= 2.61, automake >= 1.12, adding /build-aux
- We no longer update Changelog, see G-Wrap's git logs instead
- No free/mark on WCT objects, and remove use of scm_gc_free
- Use scm_module_variable instead of the deprecated scm_sym2var
- The documentation has been restructured, updated and fixed to work with texinfo >= 5.2;
- Removing doc/version.texi - it is generated/updated
Older releases are available here. Below you can read their corresponding news excerpts.
Changes from 1.9.13:
- Guile 2.0 is now supported. - G-Wrap no longer ships SRFI 34 and SRFI 35 implementations, as these have been both provided by Guile since 1.8.3.
Changes from 1.9.12:
- Fix the dependency declaration on libffi in the g-wrap-2.0-guile pkg-config file. - An alignment issue leading to testsuite failures on sparc has been fixed. - The g-wrap-config manpage from the Debian package is now included in the source, and installed.
Changes from 1.9.11:
- Fix the g-wrap-2.0-guile pkg-config file (bug #25187).
Changes from 1.9.10:
- Fix `double' return value handling on big-endian platforms. - libffi is no longer distributed with g-wrap, as it is available as a stand-alone package now (instead of being burried in the GCC sources).
Changes from 1.9.9:
- Fix WCT nullable behaviour for 'new' (i.e. non-compat) wrapsets; there is now a SRFI-39 parameter 'gw-wcts-nullable?' controlling the nullable behaviour; this parameter is #f by default, and set to #t when generating compat wrapsets.
Changes from 1.9.8:
- Support per-(type-)instance use of #:allowed-options - Build fixes: - Fix example build when libffi is not installed on the system. - Fix GLib build (was deactivated by accident) - Distribute and install SRFI 34/35 again - libffi updated from GCC SVN - It is now possible to have invisible output arguments; these won't show up as return values of the Scheme procedure.
Changes from 1.9.7:
- New feature: function flags. At the moment there is a single flag specifying whether to leave "Guile mode" when calling the wrapper functions. See the Guile manual on "scm_without_guile" for more information. - Don't rely on libc to provide (v)asprintf, take the implementation from gnulib. - The minimal GLib bindings now build against GLib 2.x. However, their use is deprecated in favour of the much more complete GLib bindings in guile-gnome (http://www.gnu.org/software/guile-gnome/).
Changes from 1.9.6:
- The shared libraries now reside in $(pkglibdir)/modules (e.g. /usr/lib/g-wrap/modules). - Users are now allowed to chose in which module generic functions should be defined. - New feature: aggregated typespecs. See the node `Wrapping a C Function' of the manual for details. - Users can now specify a free and a mark function, as well as an equality predicate for wrapped C types (WCTs) in `wrap-as-wct!'. - Improved documentation with an API reference (yet to be finished). - Several bugfixes.
Changes form 1.9.5:
- Support for size_t and ssize_t data types.
Changes from 1.9.4:
- Bugfixes + The minimal GLib wrappers are now installed as (g-wrap gw-glib), as expected by GnuCash. + A problem with generic specializer class lookup has been fixed. + A problem with generics specialization and default arguments has been fixed. + A problem with default arguments, when combined with invisible arguments (such as output arguments) has been fixed.
Changes from 1.9.3:
- Enhanced generics support: now all arguments of methods are specialized, not only the first one. - Bugfixes + Now ships with (g-wrap gw-wct) compatibilty module needed by GnuCash at runtime. + Fixes for handling output arguments: - Wrapped functions with void return value and output arguments now return expected results - Optional argument count is now correctly computed in the presence of output arguments + The libffi alignment requirements are now honored. This fixes bus errors on many non-x86 architectures. + On big-endian architectures libffi-wrapped functions that return char now work correctly. + Some "uninitialized variable" warnings were fixed in generated code which caused compiles with GCC 4.0 to fail (Debian Bug#290305).
Changes from 1.9.2:
- Comes with a compatibility layer that allows GnuCash to be built with it. - Reverts the enhanced generics support, which was introduced in 1.9.2, since that currently breaks guile-gnome. - Bugfixes + g-wrap-2.0-guile.pc is now generated correctly, even if the internal libffi is used. + Types used by constants are now considered when calculating the set of referenced types in a wrapset. This bug led to missing code and compile errors when a type defined in another wrapset was used by only by a constant. + On platforms which lack alloca(), the version shipped with G-Wrap should now build correctly.