These currently only contain the BigDieSeL tool, which
is meant to play with SGML/XML document groves, and maybe become
one day a full-fledged DSSSL processor using compiled
There is some code, although not much. Modules that currently
- A hand-crafted lexer for SGML/XML-like document, which for
now only extracts very minimal information from documents with
many many constraints on their structure.
- A hand-crafted parser / grove builder, based on above lexer.
It does know yet about much more than SGML/XML elements.
- A grapher that takes groves built by the parser and outputs
graph information for the VCG
tool, which will take care of the layout. Yes, there are screenshots :).
Since it's very much a work-in-progress thing for now, it's
only available through
anonymous CVS (using empty password):
cvs -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/dsssl-utils login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/dsssl-utils co bigdiesel
You'll need these software packages to test BigDieSeL:
The Bigloo scheme
compiler, to build from source
grapher, to display grove graphs
All of them are available as Debian packages, in Debian 3.0 and
later: apt-get install bigloo vcg
- Improve the grapher
- Write a real parser (partly done)
- Implement basic grove-querying functions from DSSSL
- Add lazy construction of the grove
- Add support for (a reasonable part of) the whole base SGML property set
- Add the core DSSSL expression language
- Add the DSSSL query language
- Add support for grove plans
- When that will be done, we'll see :)
Last modified: Mon Jul 29 17:12:48 CEST 2002